I love the holidays and Thanksgiving is one of my favorites. This year, I wanted to share with you my famous “Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies”. As you are preparing these lovely treats, I ask you to think on the good: the things that make your heart sing. Close your eyes and prepare your heart and mind to be filled with joy as you whip up these cookies for the special ones in your life. God bless you and your family this Thanksgiving and may we never take for granted the things that can be so easily overlooked.
(use organic and clean ingredients to feel a little better about eating a too many of these)
- Combine the pumpkin, sugar, butter, apple sauce, and vanilla.
- In a small separate bowl, combine the milk and baking soda. Then add to the pumpkin mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Then add to the pumpkin mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and optional walnuts.
- On a baking sheet make dinner spoon sized dollops and space every two inches.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes.
I love to serve these with fresh coffee sprinkled with a hint of nutmeg and cinnamon to keep the flavors bold and heart warming.
Believe me, these are a crowd stopper! Have fun and remember to enjoy Thanksgiving day. Don’t worry so much about perfection, instead enjoy your family and friends and celebrate the year’s achievements and milestones!